August 2, 2012

“Sounds like you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time to me. What did the
authorities say?” Lacey asked, adding more marshmallows to Gabby’s chocolate.
“It was a free choice I made. I thought if a pregnant woman stood between the thugs and the
door, they’d leave our apartment. But how were they to know I was pregnant when I didn’t even
have a baby bump yet?” Tears seeped from Gabby’s eyes, and she didn’t even try to stop them.
In fact, she didn’t want to stop them and it felt so damn good. “I called an ambulance, and the
doctor called the authorities. There’s a Detective Joe Michaels who’s assigned to the case, but
nothing has come of it. He hasn’t been able to find neither Ryan nor the thugs who assaulted me.
Detective Michaels still calls occasionally, just to see if I’m all right or remember anything new,
but that’s about it. Basically it’s a cold case now.”
Lacey nodded her head, sympathy flitting across her face. “So what is it that you want then,
Gabby?”



No comments:

Post a Comment